Job no: 497037
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Demand Planner
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of more than 167 retail stores and employs more than 7000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
An opportunity currently exists within our merchandise team for a Demand Planner based at our support office in East Bentleigh. Reporting to the Merchandise Planner your key responsibility is to effectively manage inventory of a product portfolio within our Office Supplies team, ensuring that supply of stock meets future demand, whilst effectively managing existing inventory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the forward Demand Plans and execution of all Replenishment Orders, both local and import for the product portfolio nationally for all sales channels
- Maintain the in-stock position, ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time to support catalogues and other events and business initiatives
- Work closely with the Merchandise Planner to optimise inventory levels and achieve financial KPIs
- Liaise with Local and Overseas Suppliers, Retail Operations and Supply Chain to achieve these outcomes
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Experience working in a similar role within the retail industry or fast paced environment with large breadth of range
- Demand Planning experience (3+ years)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, whilst fostering open communication
- Sound time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience using SAP and Demand Planning/Forecasting Tools (GAINS or similar)
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now