Buying Assistant – Education Resources
Job no: 497205
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Buying Assistant
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of more than 167 retail stores and employs more than 8000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer’s Assistant to join our Merchandise team, based at our support office in East Bentleigh. Reporting to the Buyer you will be central in providing support to effectively deliver the category strategy.
- Provide accurate and timely support to Buyer
- Preparation of supplier, product registration and pricing information
- Preparation of weekly sales and supplier reports
- Support Buyer during the range review process
- Management of web content in conjunction with Online teams
- Internal and external communication to key stakeholders
- Briefing and entering of advertising data for catalogues
- Event management support eg, Back to School
To be considered for this opportunity ideally you will have:
- Previous buying office experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- High attention to detail, be proactive and have the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build trust and develop supplier relationships
- Strong analytical, planning and communication skills
- The ability and desire to process and manage significant data loads
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now