Macro Space Planner
Job no: 497248
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Space Planner
Officeworks is Australia’s leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive National footprint of more than 165 retail stores and employs more than 8,000 team members. We have a strong values platform which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We are looking for a Macro Space Planner with big ideas to ensure all in store ensure floorplans are optimised for maximising sales and profitability, return on space and deliver the best possible flow for our customers.
Your experience in floor planning principles and space analysis coupled with your ability to undertake analysis, focusing on ensuring we are optimising return on macro space, will stand you in good stead for this role.
Reporting to the Macro Space Team Leader, your focus will be creating and maintaining category flow in line with business principles whilst optimising category return on space. We are looking for a someone with excellent stakeholder engagement, who can also display an understanding of the financial influences this role generates to the business.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain data driven customer lead floorplans
- Contributing to the development of Macro space reporting Developing Macro space
- Conduct analysis on category space performance
- Develop strong working relationships and support the buying group and key business stakeholders
- Responsible for implementing space planning principles and updating these when required
- Work closely with the Micro space team
- To play a role at range reviews, supply relevant space information into range reviews to ensure space aware decisions are being made be a champion of merchandising principles and space analysis.
- Ensure all relevant data is used to make space aware decisions
- Deliver floorplans to agreed blueprint principles
- Improve return on space across new and refurbishment program
- Work in partnership with Property to ensure we are delivering the best customer shopping layout for our customers
- Provide clear direction for stores to ensure planograms are implemented correctly and effectively
- Contribute to ongoing innovation and improvement on space
To succeed in this role, you must have the following skills:
- Min. 3 years experience within the Retail sector, in a similar role;
- Tertiary qualified in business, commerce or related field advantageous
- Space planning system experience
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Commercially minded to drive sales through effective use of floor space
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proven negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Microsoft Word & Excel skills
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now