People Services Advisor
Job no: 497315
Work type: Fixed-Term
Categories: Contracts & Systems
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of more than 165 retail stores and employs more than 8000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
Officeworks is seeking a pro-active People Services Advisor to join the team in a role that allows learning and growth and delves into all key areas of the People function. The ideal individual will have excellent planning and organisation skills, and have a high attention to detail. You will be a problem solver who can work at pace and provide pro-active customer service. This is a 12 months fixed-term position.
This role requires an experienced Advisor to assist the People team on a full-time basis.
This position supports a timely and efficient on and off-boarding process for Officeworks team members, which includes contracts of employment and changes of employment arrangements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain team member records in the HR systems in line with changes to contracts, salary reviews, pay rates, and market information, whilst ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- As the HR Systems Super User, manage compliance through workflows and processes, upskill users and act as help desk.
- Support People team policies and procedures, ensuring a consistent approach is taken and compliance
- Prepare employment contracts and offer packs for team members
- Provide advice to the People team, team members and managers regarding policies, processes, guidelines, documentation and initiatives.
- Work with an outsourced provider – to raise service requests for transaction processing
- Other ad hoc administration tasks as required
You will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a People Services or payroll role
- Demonstrated capacity in the use of HR systems, SAP HR preferred
- Ability to work within a high volume, fast paced environment
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to take initiative
- Proven commitment to customer service and continuous improvement
- Ability to act with discretion and handle confidential information
- Experience working within the Retail industry is advantageous
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now