IT Procurement Specialist
Job no: 497352
Work type: Fixed-Term
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of more than 165 retail stores and employs more than 8000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We are currently looking for a commercially minded procurement professional to join our procurement team based at our support office in East Bentleigh!
Reporting to our National Procurement Manager this is a role which will focus on the procurement of our indirect products and services. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing procurement contracts, developing and implementing procurement strategies for IT and other indirect spend categories (mainly services) to reduce spend and support the business with their contracting activities
- Assisting internal stakeholders with the development of scopes and definition of contractual KPIs and SLAs
- Leading execution of tenders and supplier negotiations to final contract execution
- Drafting contracts and recommendation papers
You will be a procurement professional (in-directs focus) with a proven track record across strategic sourcing, implementing procurement best practice and managing/influencing senior stakeholders. Ideally with experience across the retail industry, you will also possess:
- A qualified degree in procurement/business with solid experience in procurement roles within medium to large organisations.
- Indepth experience in all types of IT procurement and contracts.
- Experience and/or ability to work on non-IT indirect procurement and contracts
- The ability to hit the ground running and experience reviewing procurement contracts and managing tenders end to end
- Ability to influence and engage people at all levels including GM and C-level
- Results orientated approach to improving business performance and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- You have a track record in reducing the cost of doing business and have a natural willingness to question the status quo.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Strong Excel knowledge
Please note this role is initially a 12 month fixed term contract starting immediately.
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now