Job no: 497354
Work type: Full-time
Categories: UX Designer
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks currently has 169 retail stores and employs more than 7000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an empathetic and vibrant UX designer to join our Every Channel Customer Experience team. You will be UX champion for the CX team and you will advocate for the needs and wants of our internal and external customers.
This role will be a good fit for a self-starter who can own projects end-to-end. Our team is very driven, passionate and collaborative and we like to fulfil customer needs through elegant and sophisticated solutions.
What your new role will look like:
- Conduct usability testing and gather feedback
- Develop customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design high fidelity graphic interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Ensure conformity to an evolving style guide and design guidelines
- Promote UX principles and methodologies
- Work with other designers to conceptualise and iterate on design
To succeed in this role you will bring with you:
- Experience in both UX and UI (a folio will be required at interview to demonstrate your experience)
- 2-3 years experience working in a similar design role
- Tertiary qualification in design or related field
- Flexible and adaptable in using a range of design tools
- Familiarity with Agile framework preferred
- Previous retail experience would be highly regarded but not essential
As a compelling UX storyteller, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to effectively captivate, inspire and influence your audience, and you will love working with people who are passionate and curious in a team who values bold ideas and attention to detail.
At Officeworks we focus on creating an empowering and fun, team based culture where people enjoy coming to work. We value our team's uniqueness and reward our team by offering:
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Fantastic team member discounts
- A modern office environment close to home
If you are a passionate and highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment this is your opportunity to shine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now