Job no: 497366
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Data Scientist
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of more than 166 retail stores and employs more than 7000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We are currently seeking for a Data Scientists to be a part of the Advanced Analytics team. You will be responsible for the delivery of advanced analytics projects. The role will be required to work with the different business functions within the division to understand the business requirements and to develop analytic methods and algorithms to support decision making processes.
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, you would work closely with the manager to influence the deliverables that are used by the different business functions to make more data insights driven decisions.
These roles will be responsible for:
- Help identify business use cases that data can help solve
- Build statistical models from scratch and develop machine learning algorithms
- Provide quality-controlled solutions by ensuring testing and QA are part of the development process
- Partner with developers, business SMEs, and data engineers to deliver timely, high-quality analytic products
- Support the analytical products life cycle, form development to implementation within the business function
- Support business analysts in scoping and delivering on small analytics use cases performed within the business function
- Present results to stakeholders by developing visualisations, presentations and recommendations for action
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related area
- 5yrs+ experience in complex data science and analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as GLM, Neural Network, Decision Trees, Random Forrest, Boosting methods, etc.
- Experience with common data science analytical/ programming tool, such as R, Python and SQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with delivering using Agile
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this permanent position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now