Micro Space Planner
Job no: 497378
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Space Planner
Officeworks is Australia’s leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. As part of the larger Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive National footprint of more than 165 retail stores and employs more than 8,000 team members. We have a strong values platform which underpins the way we do business, and is focused on our community, the environment and our people.
We have an opportunity within Space Planning for a Micro Space Planner to join the team. The Space Planning team sits within the Merchandise structure and in this role you will work closely with the buying and planning team to deliver improved performance through our range review process. Reporting to the Micro Space Manager of Technology or Office Supplies you will be responsible for creating and maintaining data driven customer lead planograms which are operationally efficient that maximise sales and profitability.
We are looking for an experienced Micro Space Planner with big ideas and a passion for continuous improvement. This role is evolving and will allow you to interact with multiple stakeholders across all levels across the business. Stakeholder management and delivering to deadlines will be key in being successful in this role as well as a passion for making the customer the heart of you decisions and working with data to validate your recommendations.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain data driven customer lead planograms which are operationally efficient that maximise sales and profitability (GMROS)
- Maintain and update planograms based on basic business requirements, naming conventions, fixture naming/updates and ticketing changes
- Conduct a range of analysis on planogram performance based on category specific needs
- Prepare and present all required analytics, in relation to space planning in overviews, prebriefs and range reviews
- Responsible for implementing space planning principles, customer decision tree and updating these when required
- Develop and analysis all post range review implementations and communication to key stakeholders
- Ensure ranging and grading principles are in line with business standards, drive sales, GMROS and accurately loaded into the system
- Export and communicate updated facing and capacity data and to Demand planning team
- Develop strong working relationships and support the buying group and key business stakeholders
- Play a leading role at range reviews, supply relevant space information into range reviews to ensure space aware decisions are being made be a champion of merchandising principles and space analysis.
- Provide clear direction for stores to ensure planograms are implemented correctly and effectively
- Contribute to ongoing innovation and improvement within the space planning team and wider business
To succeed in this role, you must have the following skills:
- Min. 3 years’ experience within the Retail sector, in a similar role;
- Tertiary qualified in business, commerce or related field advantageous
- Space planning system experience (Spaceman, JDA or Apollo)
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Passion for data analysis
- Commercially minded to drive sales through effective use of shelf space
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proven negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient Excel, PowerPoint and Access skills
A career at Officeworks is real, possible and exciting with the following on offer:
- Team member discounts across the Wesfarmers group
- Ongoing professional development including recognised management qualifications
- The opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are making bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now