Department Manager - Mackay
Job no: 497435
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Store Business Manager
At Officeworks, we exist for one simple purpose - to help make bigger things happen. Our customers come to us with an idea - something they want to do, make, write, draw, learn, or print. Our job is to give them what they need to turn this into a reality, and also make bigger things happen by thinking beyond the products they buy. If you're passionate about providing great customer service and have an attitude for helping make bigger things happen then we want you on our team.
We’re currently seeking an experienced Department Manager who will join our Mackay Store Leadership Team as a Coordinator managing Stationery, Print & Copy, and Service. In your new role you will be leading a team of approximately 15 team members reporting directly to our supportive and experienced Store Business Manager.
What your new work day will look like:
- Lead and inspire your team to deliver our shared vision
- Coordinate service delivery in a high-volume environment
- Maintain a safe environment for customers and team members
- Work collectively with the leadership group to achieve your team’s goals and KPIs
To succeed in this role you will bring with you:
- Previous experience in a team leader or management position in a retail environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Flexible availability across our span of hours
- Previous experience working to KPI’s and budgets while ensuring exceptional customer experience
- Effective management and organisational skills
- An interest in technology and a keen attention to detail
- Business acumen - understanding profit & loss, wages, sales, shrinkage, etc
What's in it for you?
Our 'BIG Blue Box' is different - At Officeworks we focus on creating an empowering and fun, team based culture where people enjoy coming to work.
We value our team's uniqueness and reward our team by offering:
- Fantastic benefits and generous team member discounts
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Officeworks offers our team members great career opportunities in a working environment that is both challenging and enjoyable. If you are a passionate and highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills this is your opportunity to shine.
When you join Officeworks you will become part of a team who are helping make bigger things happen…We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome enquiries and applications from everyone in the communities which we serve. To find our more about us, visit https://www.officeworks.com.au/careers-opportunities/what-makes-us-us
Please note - Interested candidates should apply direct to Officeworks as we will not be accepting applications from agencies.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now