Senior Data Engineer
Job no: 497443
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Data Scientist
Our vision is to help make bigger things happen for our customers, our team and community. At Officeworks, we recognise and support the important role data plays in how we make decisions that will influence the best outcome for our customer experience.
As an integral part of the Data and Analytics team, this exciting role will take the lead on designing and building the data ecosystem required to deliver the Officeworks Analytics roadmap. Engaging with the different business functions at Officeworks, the Senior Data Engineer will build and operate robust data pipelines supporting our Analytics and Insights teams, ensuring our data platforms are scalable and automated to best leverage our data assets.
Reporting to the Manager – Data Platforms, this role will influence the architecture and deliverables used by the different business functions to ensure decisions are driven through insightful data analysis.
Working closely with a wide variety of stakeholders, focus will be on developing Officeworks’ data and analytics capability to deliver operational efficiencies and business growth. As a trusted advisor who can cultivate relationships at all levels, a solid knowledge of driving data and analytics techniques will be well regarded.
The key focus areas will include:
- Helping to identify business use cases that data can help solve
- Partnering with developers, analysts, business SMEs, and data scientists to deliver timely, high-quality data products
- Establishing repeatable and automated processes for managing data pipelines, data integrity, data assets and ensuring effective production deployment and change management
- Producing models developed by the analytics and insights teams
- Continuous improvement of the data environment ensuring high levels of performance, availability and integrity
- Assisting to build data assets and feature stores required for specific analytic requirements.
- Participating in the development and management of the data and analytics architecture and strategy.
- Mentoring and developing team members.
- Experience consolidating large, structured and unstructured data sets from operational systems into Data platforms
- Integrating analytics into operational and customer engagement systems
- Ensuring all data is managed in accordance with the applicable and emerging regulations and standards for Privacy, Security, Ethical and Legal requirements
Our successful candidate will be tertiary qualified in Engineering, IT, Statistics, Mathematics or similar. We are looking for a minimum of 5 years experience in Data Engineering, Data Warehousing or related roles, and 2 years with AWS cloud data platforms, tools & technologies.
A sound working knowledge of common data tooling and languages such as Python, SQL, Spark, & ETL/ELT methods will be well regarded as will proficiency in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows and data modelling. Competency with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc. and experience using Agile and Traditional delivery methods is preferred.
Apply now and take the first step toward exploring how you can make bigger things happen in your career and your community.
Residency note: Application eligibility requires Australian/NZ citizenship or an unrestricted Visa to live and work in Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now