Department Manager - Wollongong
Job no: 497816
Work type: Full-time
Location: New South Wales
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for our customers every day. We have an extensive national footprint of 167 retail stores and employ more than 8000 team members. We have a strong values platform, which underpins the way we do business, focused on our community, the environment and our people.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity at our Fairy Meadow store in Wollongong for a dynamic and customer focused retail leader seeking an opportunity to further advance their career and enhance their retail leadership skills in a supportive, close-knit team.
Reporting to the Store Business Manager, you will be central to ensuring that the operation of the store is managed effectively and work as a member of the Store Leadership team to deliver outstanding results. This role requires previous experience in a leadership or management role in a similar retail environment with strong financial awareness.
Our team are our greatest asset. We wouldn’t be where we are today without the collective passion, dedication and talent of our team members so we’re focused on creating an empowering, open and innovative culture where people love coming to work and you will play an integral part in fostering this culture.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading a team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Maximising sales and profit earnings
- Maintaining expense levels according to budget
- Managing, coaching and developing Team Members
- Ensuring the culture is maintained and ongoing career path opportunities are provided
- Maintaining presentation standards and stock integrity
To succeed in this role you must have the following skills and attributes:
- Retail experience in a Store Manager or Senior Department Manager role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Possess strong leadership qualities with experience in coaching and training
- Energetic, can-do attitude with experience working in a fast-paced environment
What's in it for you?
Our 'BIG Blue Box' is different - At Officeworks we focus on creating an empowering and fun, team based culture where people enjoy coming to work.
We value our team's uniqueness and reward our team by offering:
- Fantastic benefits and generous team member discounts
- Ongoing training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
Officeworks offers our team members great career opportunities in a working environment that is both challenging and enjoyable. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a diverse and flexible workforce. We welcome applications from everyone in the communities which we serve. Apply now and take the first step toward exploring how you can make bigger things happen in your career and your community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now